Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Story Time!

I love hearing people's stories! I think it's how we best connect and learn, whether in the classroom, in church, out in society at large, or within our own families. I also come from a long line of talkers...some paid (preachers 'n' professors), some not (windbags and yarnspinners?!). So, of course I naturally come by a bit of the ol' gift of gab myself. My favorite family memories are of everyone gathered and telling stories...some stories new and some often retold. Some are just crazy (my Aunt Linda accidentally parking in front of a drive-through) and some teach lessons (Grandmother praying over a tent all night, that we cousins had vacated in fright within our first hour in the backyard!). I also love to read, hear, and think about the stories in the Bible...real people facing real challenges and fears. Don't you just love it?! We're really not alone, let us be connected together by our stories...

No comments: