Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lost and Found

"...this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 11:31b

Lost and found...not some cliche from a parable, but a reason to live, celebrate, and hope! If you haven't read the parable of the prodigal son, find a Bible and read it; you'll find it at Luke 15:11-31. It's a beautiful story that's been repeated since humans first left the Garden of Eden...it's a story of humans thinking they know the best way, and God forgiving us when we realize we don't. It's a story that stretches from the Garden of Eden to the Cross of Christ and right into our lives. My life was and continues to be a story of God's Grace! I've made so many wrong, dumb, and selfish choices in my life-perhaps you have, too. And satan would love to leave us in that state, full of regret and self-loathing. But God takes us and restores us into who He created us to be! And that is the best, most non-cliche, beautiful thing you could ever think of!

After I once again repented from my Israelite ways, I clung to God. I clung to Him, because I knew how easily satan can pry us away when we loosen your grip. I determined to be the best Christian, mother, and teacher I could be, and focus on that, and only that!

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." Psalm 73:25

No comments: