Friday, July 8, 2011

Judging Not

Wow, my aunt, uncle, and cousins really stepped up, trying to help Tim and I. Here we were, telling an odd story of sudden marriage and a job-plan gone awry....and there was no head-shaking, tsk-tsking, or finger-pointing. My aunt and uncle allowed us to stay in their home, as they were house-sitting elsewhere. They gave Tim the job of painting their shop and helped me find a job in a sandwich shop. They heard of a man who was moving and would give us all of his furniture in exchange for us cleaning his home. Love in action, let me tell you!

Tim still had that restless, hiding, gotta hit the road mindset, however. Disregarding of all of the help my family gave us, he bought a cheap motorcycle as soon as they paid him for the painting job, and told me we were going to head to Phoenix, where he'd read of another carnival that would be good to join in time for a big state fair. We left my relatives with piles of furniture in their shop, thanked them for everything (wow, what a thank you), and left the place I'd come to feel of as a haven in my new, weird life.

No comments: